Walk, jog or run for mental health!
This year, the Canadian Tamil Congress will be walking to defeat denial, end stigma and support mental health
|On September 16, the Canadian Tamil Congress raised $50,000 through our 4th Annual Tamil Canadian Walk-a-thon, benefiting the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) Foundation.|
If you were unable to donate, we'll keep the donation page active until January 2013.
CAMH offers hope and solutions for individuals and families. As Canada’s premier mental health and addiction teaching hospital, CAMH combines care with innovative research, education and health promotion to transform lives.
Mental illness affects us all:
For more information about CAMH, please visit: www.camh.net
- 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental illness in their lifetime
- The lives of people with mental illness are 20 years shorter than the national average
- 20% of people who have a mental illness also struggle with an addiction
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among Canada’s young people
- Mental illness is the number one cause of workplace disability in Canada. Every day, half a million Canadians are absent from work due to mental illness and addictions
- Mental illness costs the Canadian economy a staggering $51 billion annually, including direct medical costs, lost productivity, and reduced quality of life
For more information about the Canadian Tamil Congress please visit: www.canadiantamilcongress.ca, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 416.240.0078.